Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield - About 12-16
2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
2 large eggs ( beaten )
4 Tbsp. butter ( melted )
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl except the chocolate chips
- Thoroughly grease and flour a muffin pan. You could also use a nonstick silicone muffin pan, or just line the muffin pan with paper muffin liners, which work really well.
- Gently fold 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter using a rubber spatula. But don't overwork the batter!
- Carefully spoon the batter into your prepared muffin pan. Spoon it out from the edges of the bowl so that you don't work the batter too much.
- Finally, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of the muffins, and transfer to the oven immediately.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and let the muffins cool for five minutes in the pan. Then remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool another five minutes on a wire rack if they last that long!