Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tarts

Not sure what to call these exactly if you have a name suggestion could use one  but for now they will be simply known as tarts ... 

I usually make them mini version as you will see in my pictures and I get a lot out of it...so not sure the exact amount of tarts it makes guess it kinda depends on what size u make them....just keep that in mind 
Ingredients 
Crust:
  • ·         2 cups all-purpose flour
  • ·         2/3 cup butter
  • ·         ½ cup icing sugar
  • ·         1 egg
      Knead all the ingredients until you have a firm dough. Chill for 20 minutes.
If it's too dry add just a bit of water to help it all stick

Foila! my awesome ball of dough ....

I rolled it out and used a cookie cutter to get round shapes 

I did all this before making my filling so I would be prepared and I used single small  tart shells (left) I like them 


      Now for the filling I kinda threw some things in together that I thought would be good and jotted it down so here is my version
      
           Filling    
  •            1 1/2 cup Sugar
  •             2 cups Coconut (unsweetened and smaller flakes are the best)
  •             1 Tbsp Flour 
  •             1 Tbsp Lemon juice
  •             1 Tbsp Butter (melted)
  •              3 Eggs 
  •              Preferably Raspberry Jam (about 1/4 teaspoon for the bottoms)
I just mixed that all together in a big bowl except for the Jam

So this is what mine looked like Yum..

I got everything set up to go 

So I had everything set up so I could make them efficiently.... because I had a lot to make 
You put a 1/4 teaspoon-ish amount on the bottom of each of the pastry circle things that you have put into the tart molds and then you put the coconut mixture on top of that not too full it will rise a little


I believe I had mine in for 10 mins each batch or so at 350'C but every oven is different and find what works for you cause my memory isn't always that good .... 
Anyways I'll show you the other pictures 
This is with the jam in the bottom and then adding the coconut mixture on top 

VOILA!

They look so cute..... 

They all looked good

And of course didn't last long that's why this pictures so blurry...so  not my camera skills 
Anyways hope you guys enjoy it ... I'll have to bake again soon and yeahhhhhhh eat good food always !


No comments:

Post a Comment