Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fondant Topped Sugar Cookies

Soo everyone should love sugar cookies for not only are they delicious and easy to make they also can be fun to make and very creative if you add some fondant. 



  SuGaR Cookie Recipe:

Makes About 4 Dozen
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1, 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter softened
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2, 3/4 cup flour 

1. Add the vanilla extract, egg, and white sugar together and mix until light and fluffy
2. Slowly add the butter
3. Add the baking powder, soda, and flour in portions and mix carefully
4. Drop by tablespoons onto a tray 
5. Let bake at 350 for 10 minutes 




They are good just as that but I like to decorate and had some spare time

I had some fondant left over (stuck it in the microwave to soften it) and liquid food coloring

Stick the food coloring a few drops in a small container and add about a 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
( that's what I used anyways cause it gives it flavor and works all in one )



 So the best tool I found was a tie between the TOOTHPICK and the PAINTBRUSH....
both work and depends what your using it on...
So I rolled out my fondant and cut out circles with a pressing thing...cookie cutter whatever
and used a little bit of water cause my cookies were cooled off and brushed it on the back to stick it on
Then I just painted away with my food coloring
Would be a fun thing to do with friends or kids 
* ONLY WARNING IS THE LIQUID FOOD COLORING STAINS*

SOo here you can see the cookies and the cutter and the foodbrush I used to get it to stick on looks good ....eh?

Made about 46 cookies there recipe said 4 dozen soo you do the math...
anyways they look good even with my lack of skill









No comments:

Post a Comment